Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a type of short term, relates to an evidence based therapeutic model. It treats symptoms that have been observed by the patient as being a part of their behavior, and focuses on these symptoms as they occur in the “here and now”.
This is an active kind of therapy, in which the psychotherapist (Stéphanie Aebischer Hamida, Mathieu Chatelain) solicits the patient, discusses with him/her, evaluates the issues relating to the patient’s dysfuctional thoughts or behaviors, sets therapeutic goals (in collaboration with the patient) and measures the results obtained and the progress that has been made.
CBT is effective in treating:
- Phobias (Agoraphobia, Social Phobia, Specific Phobias, Harm OCD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia, Hyperphagia, Orthorexia)
- Addictions (alcohol, drug, gambling)
- Sleep Disorders
- Chronic pain
- And can help you manage your emotions
Sessions last 60 minute. An extra 10/15 minutes of case study is completed in the absence of the patient. A rate of 180,- CHF is payable at the end of each session. As I have a license to practice independently as an Lpsy accredited psychotherapist in the canton of Geneva, sessions I carry out are reimbursed by complementary health insurances.